Ways of thinking – Open data culture
This Unit will introduce the basic concepts and theories behind open data topics. It will allow you to dive into the topic and create a backbone for the participatory activities that are part of the training, build a clear understanding of what can be done with open data sets, and how you can contribute. This course is for beginners, who have not engaged with open data, open culture, or open government topics.
In this unit you will:
- Understand the basic concepts of open data
- Learn about its use in the digital society
- Discover its value and possible impact on the society initiatives
Ways of thinking - Open data culture
- Why Open Data and Youth?
- Youth organisations and Open Data
- Start to discuss open data within your organisation
- Why this course?
- What is Open Data?
- Criteria for Open Data
- Open data different formats and platforms
- Who creates Open Data?
- Importance of Open data
- Open Data Culture
- Open Data Government
- Legal Framework
- Relevant Tools
- Further Reading
- In a nutshell
- Webinar on open data culture & introductory concepts