This Unit will introduce the basic concepts behind data visualization and presentation methods like using graphs, charts and infographics to illustrate your data.
In this unit the young learners will:
- Learn how can information be presented
- Learn how to create interesting data visualisations
- Learn how to create infographics
- Explore new ways to portray a message through graphics
- Discover how to share information on open data through social media in order to reach out to people
- Why data visualisation can enhance your career
Data visualisation and reaching out people
What is data visualisation? Types of data visualisations All you need to know about infographics Photographs - How to use them and where to find them Photographs - How to create your own stunning photos Social media as a tool Relevant tools Further reading
- Unit content
- What is data visualisation?
- How can data visualization help my career?
- Types of data visualisation
- All you need to know about infographics
- What makes a good infographic?
- How to create an infographic
- Photographs – How to use them and where to find them
- Photographs – How to create your own stunning photos
- Social media as a tool
- Relevant Tools
- Further Reading
- In a nutshell
- Webinar on open data visualisation & graphic strategies
- Quiz #2