This unit will help you build your skills on advocacy to support your policy campaign. You will learn tools for engaging with policy makers and attract the relevant stakeholders’ interest. This unit is for young people and youth workers interested in making a community change.
- Become familiar with advocacy terms and tools for inspiring community changes
- Be able to identify effective strategies and resources to push forward policy changes
- Learn how to draft an advocacy campaign and activities for community intervention
Living your community
- Unit Contents
- Making policy recommendations
- What is a policy paper?
- What is a policy brief?
- Advocating for policy change
- Defining policy advocacy
- How do you set your advocacy goals?
- How do you plan your advocacy strategy?
- How do you map your policy landscape?
- How do you form your message and choose your messenger?
- Advocacy activities and communication tools
- Potential risks and responses
- Evaluation and follow-up
- Relevant tools
- Further readings
- In a nutshell
- Quiz #4
- Webinar on advocacy for youth organisations