On the 29th of June, as a final event of the Erasmus+ Public Makers project, WIDE had the opportunity to organise the “Open Data for Impact” conference, at the Neumünster Abbey in Luxembourg focusing on the use of Open Data as a way to empower youth and for citizens to create societal change.
We were very pleased to welcome 20 participants to the conference as well as online and in-person special guest speakers. University students, professionals, and curious, who wished to discover various actors who are actively contributing to the field of Open Data, and understand how they are creating value in Luxembourg
In addition to the presentation of the project results and the demonstration of the e-learning platform of Public Makers by our director and project manager, we were therefore fortunate to have the opportunity to hear from:
- Francis Kaell, in charge of the Open Data Division at the Press and Information Office at the Luxembourgish Government
- Dr. Slim Turki, from the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST)
- Imeshi Weerasinghe, CEO, and co-founder at WEO
- Julia Zagrodzka, Project Assistant at the Publications Office of the European Union presenting EU Datathon in a nutshell
- Rusne Sileryte, CTO and co-founder at GeoFluxus, 1st place winner at the EU datathon
- Ralph Marschall, Digitisation Project Manager at Bibliotheque Nationale de Luxembourg (BNL)
We are glad to have been able to present the resources developed in collaboration with our partners, to facilitate Open Data access for youth, with training materials for trainers as well as exercises and courses for young people. Check our “Courses” section and find out more about the activities we offer!